This resource is intended to help students, applicants, and prospects better understand the connection that many UL Lafayette programs have to state-regulated professional licensure or certification. While specific requirements can and often do vary by state, typically, requirements include earning a degree or other educational credential in the field from an institution and program that meet certain eligibility requirements in that state (e.g., accredited status). To be eligible to apply for licensure or certification, graduates must often meet additional criteria such as passing a state or national exam, working in field for a minimum period of time, and/or completing a certain number of clinical hours.
The UL Lafayette programs listed below provide preparation for practicing in fields in which state-regulated professional licensure or certification may be available. If your career plans include pursuing licensure or certification, it is important to become educated on the credentialing requirements of the state in which you hope to practice. This page was created as a starting point to help connect you to this information. Clicking on the program of interest below will open a PDF detailing additional information about the preparation provided by the program. The PDF disclosure also has contact information for program personnel who can help answer specific questions in this regard and who will do their best to connect you to the credentialing requirements of the state in which you intend to practice.
In some instances, the university is not able to confirm whether or not the program meets educational eligibility requirements in a particular state. If your career plans include pursuing state-regulated professional licensure or certification in your chosen field, it is important to become educated on the credentialing requirements of the state in which you hope to practice.
College of the Arts
College of Business
College of Education
- Athletic Training, M.S.
- Counselor Education, M.S.
- Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
- Elementary Education & Special Education Mild/Moderate Grades 1-5, M.A.T.
- Kinesiology, B.S., Health & PE Grades K-12 Concentration
- Secondary Education & Special Education Mild/Moderate Grades 6-12, M.A.T.
- Special Education: Gifted, M.Ed.
College of Engineering
- Chemical Engineering, B.S.C.H.E.
- Civil Engineering, B.S.C.E.
- Electrical Engineering, B.S.E.E.
- Engineering, M.S.E., Chemical Engineering Concentration
- Engineering, M.S.E., Civil Engineering Concentration
- Engineering, M.S.E., Electrical Engineering Concentration
- Engineering, M.S.E., Mechanical Engineering Concentration
- Engineering, M.S.E., Petroleum Engineering Concentration
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.M.E.
- Petroleum Engineering, B.S.P.E.
- Systems Engineering, Ph.D.
College of Liberal Arts
College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions
- Health Information Management, B.S.
- Nursing, B.S.N.
- Nursing, M.S.N., Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration